Do you have a good home theater setup?

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Do you have a good home theater setup?

Post by kndy »

Just curious how is everyone's home theater setup or just regular setup for watching films?

DREAM HOME THEATER SETUP...

I wish I had a setup like NiubNiub

Atle:

Rock Creek

or TK Nice:

kndy

Re: Do you have a good home theater setup?

Post by kndy »

But my reality for now, my 7.2 setup is this... cheap Polks from Newegg...but it gets the job done.

_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

2 1/2 years in my new house and all I did was fill it with stuff from my old house. Never got around to adding much other than the 42" Sony Bravia last year. Was hoping to get a larger set but will now wait til 4K sets come down in price before upgrading. Could put in the surround sound system again but I can't be bothered as most stuff I have been watching is old TV which is in mono anyway.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

:shock:
That's America for you!
I don't have much of a setup at all. Heck, I just finally bought a TV back in March. Back in the US, I had everything going through an AV receiver, which was capable of surround sound, but I never bothered investing in surround sound. My old house was pre-wired for it too, but after living there for 5.5 years, I never got around to buying extra speakers.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
kndy

Post by kndy »

greg wrote::shock:
That's America for you!
I don't have much of a setup at all. Heck, I just finally bought a TV back in March. Back in the US, I had everything going through an AV receiver, which was capable of surround sound, but I never bothered investing in surround sound. My old house was pre-wired for it too, but after living there for 5.5 years, I never got around to buying extra speakers.
Not sure about your area of Japan but when I stayed with friends in Tokyo or other prefectures with homes in close proximity, they would always warn me about not playing things too loud because of the neighbors. So, I often thought about if my movie watching with loud sound and subwoofer booming ala LFE would be possible. But I guess if you have a house, it's much easier...maybe?
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

I have a couple of JBL speakers that came from the 'free' table in the common room when we lived at the co-op. Probably the nicest speakers I've ever owned, they are actually pretty good. My amp is this big old vintage Sony thing that I saw a guy taking out of his trunk at the back of the Goodwill and convinced to just cut out the middleman and let me have it. It's all wired into this Vizio 42" that I really ought to get a wall mount for sometime. Then again, we need to paint this place, that probably ought to happen first. So much to do.
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

No real setup at all. Got a small Toshiba flatscreen sitting on top of a Magnavox VHS/DVD machine and a Sony DVD player. No speakers, no amp. No real room for it, really. It does the job.
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Hahaha. Well, I'm a long way from being able to afford setups like the ones above with the money I have.
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

No real setup on my end either. I have a Samsung flat screen (32 inches I think?), no-name DVD player and VCR, and that's about it.