Gundam Cafe - Akihabara

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Gundam Cafe - Akihabara

Post by kndy »

Friend's visit to Gundam Cafe recently:

greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Gundam Cafe - Akihabara

Post by greg »

That's so cool. Thanks for sharing! I've never actually eaten there yet. The one in Akihabara always has a huge long line of people waiting outside, even in the rain. My wife was in Tokyo two weekends ago and she saw the Gundam Cafe by Tokyo Station. She went inside and looked around a bit. That one doesn't have a huge line. Probably it's because Akihabara is the otaku capital of the world, people want to go to the one there to eat. There's another one at the Gundam Front Tokyo in Odaiba on the artificial island in Tokyo Bay (home to the life-sized Gundam robot statue), and maybe another one or two elsewhere.

There used to be a Gundam bar in Akihabara. Two actually: a Zeon themed one and a Federation themed one, right on top of each other in one building. I never made it to those though, and they are now gone. It's a shame...
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Heibi
Anime Fan Since: 1976

Post by Heibi »

May have to go there next time I go to Japan.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

So cool! ;3; I have a friend who was in Japan for a while, and she went a few times. I was always so excited to see the photos she'd take. The food looks so awesome! Theme cafes are neat. XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

usamimi wrote:So cool! ;3; I have a friend who was in Japan for a while, and she went a few times. I was always so excited to see the photos she'd take. The food looks so awesome! Theme cafes are neat. XD
It's good to visit once but not if you want a full meal. The pictures make it look big but in actuality, your paying $10 for something small.

But for 2013, it's interesting because McDonalds are offering their Mega Potato (French Fries) and Burger King just went half off this week (or it's for next week)...and some people get so happy for those things...