Convenience Store (Konbini) Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Re: Convenience Store (Konbini) Thread

Post by kndy »

It's rainy season and Family Mart are selling Hatsune Miku umbrellas:

greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Wow, you're keeping up with this more than I am! Then again, I mainly go to 7-11 since it's closer. Family Mart is the next closest, though. Family Marts in Fuji finally started accepting payments via Suica (FINALLY). I love using my Suica card. Whenever I go stay at my family's place in the mountain countryside of Nagano-ken, however, the combini employees usually don't know what to do with Suica and they have to ask their manager.

Maybe it's worth it to walk a little further to Family Mart so that I can use my T-Point card.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Sgirl
Anime Fan Since: 1995

Post by Sgirl »

I remember we had a Lawson's and Family mart immediately by our hotel and a few more in the 2-3 block radius. We kept going in to buy candy, food, onigiri (yum), and random supplies. (Glasses clothes, highlighters, bandaids, deodorant...)
WE were tempted to buy a lot of these weird merchandise things...but timing was bad. (i really would have loved to be there when Macross Frontier was out.)

I really love these places... so convenient and addictive... did I mention we used to go to 2-3 a day? :D

And when I saw Lawson's in Waikiki (http://25.media.tumblr.com/884c5a9f2cd6 ... o3_250.jpg), I screamed and dragged my sister inside. It wasn't quite the same :(
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

Post by kndy »

I go to the konbini nearly everyday when I go to Japan. Mainly because I want to eat cheap and use my money towards other things.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Sgirl wrote:I really would have loved to be there when Macross Frontier was out.(
Oh, you can still find Macross Frontier stuff at convenience stores here, from time to time. In the year and a half I've been living in Japan, I have seen Macross F figures and snacks at convenience stores. They have these wafer cookie-style snacks that come with trading cards for about 100 yen and I have seen Macross F ones on occasion. Currently I see Evangelion and Madoka Magica ones. Not too long ago, there were IDOLM@STER and Hatsune Miku ones. They seem to rotate such licenses around.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page