Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Yamato Girls Collection

Post by _D_ »

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10223492

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10230334

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10202669

...though the female fans are clamoring for a boys collection as well...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Yamato Girls Collection

Post by greg »

Hey, I'm a guy and I wish they made more guys figures. I have my Space Adventure Cobra and Char figure/statues, but I wish they wold make more. I feel silly just buying girl figures. I've seen a really cool Harlock figure, but it was way too expensive. What's the fun of having a Yuki figure without a Koudai figure next to her?
:geek:
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I'll never get why these seem to be more popular than robot toys now.
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

danth wrote:I'll never get why these seem to be more popular than robot toys now.
I wouldn't say that. The 20th Anniversary die-cast Megazord from Power Rangers came out in June of this year and it's already starting to become hard to find. Just because there are a plethora of female sexy figures, they've been around for years, alongside Gundam, Robotech, and so on. I don't think they are any more or less popular than they were before, and I think robots are actually more popular due to people going back and collecting things they lost or collecting the new and sometimes better re-releases of mecha and such. And they are still either selling out or selling incredibly well.

I like both sexy figures and giant robots. I think the world is big enough for both. ;D
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

ryoran wrote:I like both sexy figures and giant robots. I think the world is big enough for both. ;D
Me too. Although I do wish the figures weren't so one-sided and that there would be more guy figures, but it seems the figures are focused on the sexy girls and such.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

greg wrote:
ryoran wrote:I like both sexy figures and giant robots. I think the world is big enough for both. ;D
Me too. Although I do wish the figures weren't so one-sided and that there would be more guy figures, but it seems the figures are focused on the sexy girls and such.
Oh man same here! I think we're slowly seeing them a bit more, but they are hard to come by still. I mainly see them for older series now, like special figures or collections. And the poseable figures, like Figma, Revoltech, and SH Figuarts seem to be releasing them alot more too.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram