Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Re: Bubblegum Crisis love thread

Post by Drew_Sutton »

SteveH wrote:
greg wrote:I scored this for only one yen on YAJ this week! It just arrived today in the mail. It is a HUGE sticker that measures 15cm x 21cm. It has some sort of a metallic color to it. Click on the image for a larger view.

The problem I have now is, stick it on something or just keep it as-is? Hmmm....
I would vote keep it as is, maybe carefully placed (leave the backing in place!) in an old-school photo album or a mylar sleeve. I believe that was a retailer promotional item, the kind of thing stuck on a door to tell you "we have this".

Reason: Sticking stickers to things... well, it might seem embarrassing later (depending on what it's stuck to), or the thing stuck to become damaged/worn out and is disposed of, or other future causes of regret. Having it intact in some binder or somesuch preserves it.

Just a thought. :)
Totally agree with Steve on this one. Sweet looking print and you can't beat the price!
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I have lots of stickers on the side of my desktop computer tower, so I thought about maybe sticking it on there. But then after I saw how big it is, I realized that it wouldn't fit. I think you guys are right. Maybe I will find a home for it in one of my BGC art books.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
greg

Post by greg »

Ryoran's post in the Kenichi Sonoda thread reminded me that I've yet to share pics of the "Ken-Ichi Sonoda Artworks 1983-1997" artbook. It contains images from BGC, Gal Force, Riding Bean, Otaku no Video, and some original art too. No sign of his work on the Suchie Pai mahjong game series, however. Here are some BGC-related pics from this fantastic artbook:

Does anyone else have this book?
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

That book is on my Kenichi Sonoda must haves list. o:
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
Char Aznable
Anime Fan Since: Early '90s

Post by Char Aznable »

That Kenichi Sonoda artbook is unbelievable! Just in those images alone, there was a number of Bubblegum Crisis artwork I've never seen before.
greg

Post by greg »

YAY! With my recent score of Sylia on YAJ, I now have all four Motoslave + figure sets by Yamato! Now all I need is Nene from the Atelier Sai line of larger BGC action figures.

My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

I'm disappointed the upcoming Kickstarter-backed Bubblegum Crisis bluray set is taking so long to come out. Granted, they're doing an incredible job keeping backers updated, but if I recall, the original ship date was a couple months ago.
greg

Post by greg »

Wow, I figured that it must've come out already by now. Then again, delays can be expected with AnimEigo. I remember how many times their Macross and Yawara releases were delayed.
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
Char Aznable

Post by Char Aznable »

Yeah, now that you mention it, AnimEigo does seem to be very slow with each of their releases. At present they're saying the set will ship late November and arrive around early December (if there's no unforeseen delays in the manufacturing or errors on the discs). I can't believe I backed this Kickstarter way back in November 2013! Time flies!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

My package from Animeigo came the other day....here's all my goodies!!

Since I was on staff, I get a special staff shirt! I also got doubles (and triples) everything as a thank-you for the work I did, which was super nice. ^^ I haven't gotten a chance to pop in the discs yet, but I was also kind of excited to see my name printed on the bottom of both the premium and regular boxes--it should also be in the credits as well as the Kickstarter supporters names. XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*