Looking for an image to paint on the back of my car

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
Armblessed
Anime Fan Since: Fill me in!

Looking for an image to paint on the back of my car

Post by Armblessed »

So I'm thinking I want to paint something on the back of my car. Its a station wagon so the back hatch is flat and vertical and the car is white. I want to do a black and white stencil from a manga or something. I dont really want a character, I'm thinking more in the way of an intricate 80s style futuristic cityscape. I've been trying to keep an eye out for something I like, but I havent found anything. I'm wondering if anyone could help with suggestions of specific images or artists to check out. Thanks!
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: Looking for an image to paint on the back of my car

Post by robodaz »

If it is going on the rear gate, how about a street scene from the perspective of the road itself, as if the person viewing is driving up said road, with buildings either side?

Now I am useless at art anyway, and only have a crunky app on the phone, but I mean something like this: the road running always ahead, with buildings down either side and perhaps some great tower, at the vanishing point of the road itself.

Akira, of course would be the go-to here...
Attachments
無題.png
無題.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
akira0119.jpg
akira0119.jpg (54.84 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
akira1.jpg
akira1.jpg (47.36 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.
Armblessed
Anime Fan Since: Fill me in!

Post by Armblessed »

Hmm, yeah! I like the top one, but it might not come down to black and white well. I'll give it a run through Photoshop and see if I can strip some clean line-art out of it.
robodaz
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by robodaz »

Aye, it could easily be worked up in high-contrast and a limited palette.
Would look cool.
"I like this wolf. He's not freezing his ass of in Alaska chasing snow bunnies. He just goes to pig's houses and blows on them" - Christopher Walken.