OK, what's the deal with Kuroko's Basketball?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: OK, what's the deal with Kuroko's Basketball?

Post by greg »

I had lunch with some 6th grade students today, and sat next to a real manga afficionado. She asked me what manga I like, and when I mentioned KOR---assuming she didnt' know what it was---, she said she knew it! Wow! So she aske me if I know Kuroko's Basketball. I asked her about the bullying, and she told me that the culprit has been found. I asked her what the motivation was, and she said jealousy.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Wow! Pretty knowledgeable 6th grader! :mrgreen:
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
SteveH
Anime Fan Since: 1979/82 (depending)

Post by SteveH »

So, then, does this mean the show (is it still running?) can become just another anime series and not a source of nonsense?

Will the lack of threats actually hurt the show now?
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Well, I think the show is popular on its own merit. I don't think that there is some weird popularity because of the controversy. That would be a bit cynical, don't you think?

I think though that Slam Dunk has made a bit of a comeback because of Kuroko's popularity, it being a basketball anime, afterall. Slam Dunk has been showing on Kid's Station late at night.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

I think Miyamoto Shigeru tweeted something along the lines to tell people to not do that with Mario characters as well
Ben
Anime Fan Since: Early 90's

Post by Ben »

SteveH wrote:OK, and now this:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -last-year

Again, lazy reportage by ANN with no actual mention of WHY this person or persons are so hot to hate.
I have always been amazed by ANN just sort of getting de facto "Best Anime Coverage" status by virtue of outlasting the competition, they definitely go more for quantity over quality. As a news aggregator, it's great, but I don't follow very many new series and it's too much to keep up with so I hardly ever read it anymore. Back when it focused more on well written, big picture articles, I felt like it was worth a daily read. But, that's been years ago now (I still remember when Ramza of DB Blast / RZ fansubs wrote for them). I usually read animeshinbun.com and a wide variety of blogs, but that's just me. I wish there were still a site close to the old animeondvd.com for DVD/BD release news and reviews, The Fandom Post is just too scattered and hard to keep up with.