The Show Off Your Anime Stuff Thread

Misc. anime/manga-related merchandise
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: The Show Off Your Anime Stuff Thread

Post by usamimi »

Wow, Path, some awesome stuff! Totally jealous of your Harlock cel, and your artbooks! :O
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

I'm a little bit curious about the theme song videos (the ones that say 主題歌)... What exactly is on them? Are they a collection of anime openings? If they are collections of openings, do they use different animation or lengthened songs?
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

usamimi wrote:Wow, Path, some awesome stuff! Totally jealous of your Harlock cel, and your artbooks! :O
:) Thanks. Harlock cel was a surprise find at a flea market last year. $20, framed, and I salute him every day I walk past him, lol. Most artbooks are from Kinokuniya or luck at Bookoff. I haven't bought any new ones in a long time, since the shelf they live on (and co-inhabit with my video game guides) is full.
AnimeSennin wrote:I'm a little bit curious about the theme song videos (the ones that say 主題歌)... What exactly is on them? Are they a collection of anime openings? If they are collections of openings, do they use different animation or lengthened songs?
They are just collections of openings and ending from various shows by year. A quick google finds they released DVD versions of these in 2002. Might need to look into those.

As far as I know they are the same as the TV versions (credits included). There is at least one non-TV ending on the ones I own (the Tongari Boushi no Memoru movie ending), and I have one somewhere with the Fushigi no Koala Blinky opening and endings, a show which was never released as far as I know in Japan on anything.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Path wrote:Harlock cel was a surprise find at a flea market last year. $20, framed, and I salute him every day I walk past him, lol.
Whoooooa! :o That's amazing, congrats! I would've flipped my shit if I found something like that at a flea market, lol!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Path
Anime Fan Since: Circa 1993

Post by Path »

usamimi wrote:
Path wrote:Harlock cel was a surprise find at a flea market last year. $20, framed, and I salute him every day I walk past him, lol.
Whoooooa! :o That's amazing, congrats! I would've flipped my shit if I found something like that at a flea market, lol!
Oh believe me, I did flip out. I had to walk a few tables down and send my boyfriend back to do the haggling. The guy wanted $35, but he talked him down to $20. He had 80s cartoon cels too, but I was too star-struck to really pay any attention them. Now if only Leiji Matsumoto would visit the states to he can sign it...
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

Path wrote:They are just collections of openings and ending from various shows by year. A quick google finds they released DVD versions of these in 2002. Might need to look into those.

As far as I know they are the same as the TV versions (credits included). There is at least one non-TV ending on the ones I own (the Tongari Boushi no Memoru movie ending), and I have one somewhere with the Fushigi no Koala Blinky opening and endings, a show which was never released as far as I know in Japan on anything.
Ah, OK, thanks for the info.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Heibi, I somehow missed your pics you posted a year ago. I just wanted to mention that I have that exact same Minmay wallscroll AND that exact same LOGH poster! High five!
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page