Rikaichan

Discuss anything and everything relating to that fascinating island empire of the east
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Rikaichan

Post by Daniel »

Well, Greg (at least I'm pretty sure it was Greg!) mentioned Rikaichan on here a long time ago, and I just now finally got around to installing it. I just have to say, wow, what a time saver! You just hover your mouse over any Japanese word and it'll pop up a definition. Great! Thanks for pointing this tool out, Greg, I really appreciate it. Any of you that are studying Japanese should really give it a try!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Rikaichan

Post by greg »

You're welcome! I use this tool all the time. I was just talking to a real Chrome advocate acquaintance of mine last week and I asked if there was such a tool for Chrome. He said "Yeah, it's built in. It translates the whole page for you!" Well, I don't want the whole page translated into ENGRISH. I am at the point where I just need to translate kanji and words I don't know already. Rikaichan is an invaluable resource for those who can make general sense of Japanese grammar, but just need help spot translating certain words.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page