Speed Racer licensing lawsuit settled

Conventions and other events, fandom, stores, manga-ka, animators, and other people, etc
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Speed Racer licensing lawsuit settled

Post by greg »

I think extensive use of green/blue screens can be a good thing to create super-stylized movies such as Tron and its sequel, 300, Sin City, and such. When overdone or in the wrong way, you get stuff like the Star Wars sequels when people are walking slowly in front of what looks like hi-res Windows desktop wallpapers. This Speed Racer movie, from what I've seen, seems to be done right.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

Yep, the live action Speed Racer does have its fans. I've heard some pretty passionate defences of it on some film buff forums, too. I like it; it's fun and visually it does some pretty interesting green screen stuff I'd never seen before. It's like a lot of the Wachowskis' stuff, actually, for better or for worse.

Good to hear about the licensing lawsuit being cleared up. Would love to see the original on BD released in the U.S.
PinkAppleJam
Anime Fan Since: 1992

Post by PinkAppleJam »

I loved the film! It's a great comfort-movie I watch under a blanket when feeling low, ill or in pain <3

I remember seeing the double-book perfect hardback box set pack of the comics in a bookshop a few years ago, quality stuff.