WHat do you watch on Netflix and Hulu

Non-anime/manga-related TV, movies, books, and comics, especially but not limited to pre-2000 titles
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

WHat do you watch on Netflix and Hulu

Post by ParaParaJMo »

Well, though I live in Japan where Netflix and Hulu are normally region blocked, I used media hint as a proxy and manage to use my family's accounts.

On Hulu, I watch Agents of SHIELD and Law & Order Special Victims Unit.

On Netflix, I finished watching Breaking Bad but I am now watching one of my old favorite shows that defines old school childhood, The Wonder Years.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Re: WHat do you watch on Netflix and Hulu

Post by usamimi »

I've been watching Hannibal on Hulu since I'm always busy Fridays (though it's annoying it's only available on the web--I like streaming on my 3DS or through my TV best, but meh.) I also watch a fair bit of anime that way--Hulu's got a pretty nice selection, esp. with older titles! I'm about half-way through rewatching Nadia: Secret of Blue Water.

Netflix, I actually haven't watched in a while, but I am almost done rewatching Twin Peaks and Red Dwarf there.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

I have been watching old Doctor Who episodes on Hulu. I watch a lot of Documentary and foreign films on Netflix. I sometimes stop watching Hulu because I get weary of watching commercials every ten minutes.
***^__^***
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Post by davemerrill »

been watching a lot of Adam-12 on Netflix, some documentaries, old Disney stuff, Lair Of The White Worm (better than I remembered).... there's nothing we're regularly watching right now, but I feel compelled to watch SOMETHING every so often to justify the monthly fee. Certainly I have gotten more value from Netflix than we got from our cable TV.
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

For me its unnecessary. With my bud's Plex server hooked up I have 2200 movies and TV series to watch. Old UK series, cartoons, new movies, etc. My other bud collects series on DVD/Blu Ray so I got things like Have Gun Will Travel, Tarzan (Ron Ely), tons of MOD Hanna Barbera series (Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, The Herculoids, The Flintsones, etc.). He just gave me the Star Trek old series DVDs since he bought the Blu Rays as replacements. His last list has 900 series and movies on it! As for anime, I'm still ripping the 1,500 discs in the collection as well as my bud's horror movie collection (though many of the Blu Rays at least are on the Plex media server). I *might* have some time to watch the last episodes of Arrow from this season but I'm way behind in my TV watching and new summer stuff is starting soon. It just never ends...
Drew_Sutton
Anime Fan Since: 1994

Post by Drew_Sutton »

I sometimes feel like we're the only household without a Netflix account. We probably are (lol).

My fiancee uses Hulu a bit more frequently that I do, usually to catch up on stuff like Glee or other shows she knows I won't like. I jump on it occasionally to see what's there - I was re-watching old cartoons like Dilbert and Exo-Squad for a period of time during slow Sunday shifts at work - but don't spend much time there, even checking out anime since the selections have become better than the were years ago. Now that Sailormoon is on there, I'll probably check it out more frequently when there are a steady stream of classic episodes and definitely when Crystal starts. Usually if I am streaming anime, I am on Crunchy Roll or Daisuki.
Akihabara Renditions: Japanese Animation of the Bubble Economy
Excuse me, I need to evict some juvenile delinquents from my yard.
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Netflix just rolled out season two of "Orange is the New Black", which I've been trying to watch slooooowly. (It's hard not to binge-watch when they release a whole season all at once!) I've also been watching a fair amount of documentaries on Netflix lately while I do housework or work on sewing things for my etsy shop. There was one on Bill Waterson that was pretty fun.

I keep meaning to check out Fargo on Hulu, since a lot of my friends seem really into it. (Gotta have something to watch while Hannibal's over, lol.)
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*