The top 10 anime that people in Japan never tire of watching

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
kndy
Anime Fan Since: 70's

The top 10 anime that people in Japan never tire of watching

Post by kndy »

Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Re: The top 10 anime that people in Japan never tire of watc

Post by Animusubi »

Nice to see some favorites on that list, even the ones without enough votes. I don't agree on some of the Ghibli movies though, I feel like a lot of them I can watch only once a year, if anything. Kiki's Delivery Service and Totoro are the ones I can watch over and over again.

Also because it was a poll, I think a lot of those newer anime on the list are not going to have lasting power. I mean, K-On! I would never really watch again. It had funny moments, but it's not something I just put on, that would annoy me. I'd maybe agree with Haruhi, if it weren't for Endless Eight...

It's kind of a weird list though imo.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Looking at the programming lineups for Kids' Station and Animax, I can vouch for Yu Yu Hakusho, Lupin, Gintama, and Conan. Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan are shown on a daily basis on Asahi's cable channel.

I tried watching Gintama once or twice, but I just don't get it. Maybe if I saw it with subtitles or something, but it doesn't strike me as very interesting.

I can watch Totoro over and over. Things have changed since we got cable TV back in December, but we would watch Totoro nearly every Sunday evening with our daughter. I was often finding things I'd never noticed before.

I am surprised that LOGH made the honorable mentions list! Wow! But Gundam didn't?

A bunch of those on the list I've never heard of before.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

I'm cool with that list