Anyone get the iphone 6 or plus?

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Anyone get the iphone 6 or plus?

Post by ParaParaJMo »

I am still under contract with my 5S until Jan 2016 anyway. By the time my contract is up, the new version will be out and will be better but I am impressed with what I have seen with the 6 plus. Galaxy and Nexus (which many of my friends and family members own) are great phones too but I like the iOS and the app store much better. Plus, I bought a lot of movies and songs on itunes here and there. The 5S I love but I have so many Sailor Moon cases for my phone which contributes to why I like it lol. But there is a 128gb version of both the new iphones which is what I like about it (but I already have a 128gb ipad retina).
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Anyone get the iphone 6 or plus?

Post by greg »

My coworkers have been raving about this new iPhone 6. They look down on me for just having a simple, humble flip phone, but my phone bill is far cheaper than theirs. I am considering taunting them with this image:

http://www.androidheadlines.com/wp-cont ... _image.jpg

Personally, I really don't have a lot of opinion on which phone is better than the other, because I don't really care. A year ago, my friend gave me his hand-me-down Android phone to mess around with and use its features on my local wifi network, but I've just used it as a paperweight.

I know that if I ever make the switch to using a smartphone, I will never be able to go back to not having instant Internet access at my fingertips anywhere I go. Eventually I will have no choice but to eventually get one, but I still won't use it for games and such. All I care about is GPS navigation.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I recently got my first smartphone (an outdated Motorola model, new and unlocked), but I have the same phone plan as before (pay as you go) and mostly mooch off of public access free wifi whenever I want to check the internet. I will never let myself get locked into a contract if at all possible. Signing a contract with a phone company is in some ways selling some of your freedom, and I've sold enough of it as it is.

I only use my phone for the map function, the internet browser, and occasionally the daily planner. I hate the idea of playing games on a phone. I just can't see phone games being very interesting. I have no interest in playing Candy Crush or whatever phone app for long periods of time. Phones just don't have the ease of interface and sophistication to play a complex video game.

If I had the money to get the latest phone though, I'd probably go for the Blackberry Passport, because I will always prefer a QWERTY keyboard on my phone (my Motorola has it) and because Canada. :)
ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

Well I live in Japan and the contracts are mandatory since they have no anti-trust laws here