Just won my 4th video game console in 1 year

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here!
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Just won my 4th video game console in 1 year

Post by _D_ »

Last year it was the XB1 and a 360. This year it was a PS4 and just today, another XB1. I gave away the XB1 from last year to friends as a Christmas present but I intend on keeping the new one so I can play with them online. Still lots of contests for more systems but if I win any more, I'll just sell them. Going to have to do that with the Roomba 880 I won a couple weeks back. My house floors won't work with that.

I'm liking the OS upgrades on the XB1 since they really added a lot of multimedia capabilities but I kept the PS4 as they are supposed to have some good exclusives...someday. I'm still doing a lot of computer gaming as its so cheap to get games these days and there are a lot of good games out or coming out.

Well, it's been a nice day today...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Just won my 4th video game console in 1 year

Post by greg »

How on earth can you manage to win these? The only thing I won in the past year was a piece of bubblegum.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
_D_

Post by _D_ »

There are lots of contests. Dunno about Japan but there are lots where anyone in the world can enter them. This one was giving away 10 XB1's a day, so it was easier than most. Also, since you need to buy a product to get a PIN code, it cuts down on entries. Could use a trip anywhere next but haven't pulled one off in years...
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Post by llj »

I've tried entering contests but they usually ask me more info than I want to give, or I'm not eligible where I live.

I don't think I've ever won an actual contest before. I did "win" an Aviator DVD (the movie by Scorsese and Leo) at a college basketball game once but the guy picked me out randomly and prepped me beforehand before he let me win it "live" at halftime. So it was basically a giveaway.
_D_

Post by _D_ »

These turned up today literally within hours of each other:

ParaParaJMo
Anime Fan Since: 1986/1994

Post by ParaParaJMo »

heh i won an ipad 2 in akihabara 3 years ago