For the Legend of Galactic Heroes fans...

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

For the Legend of Galactic Heroes fans...

Post by usamimi »

A few friends of mine (2 of which have been on my podcast before!) started a podcast recently called "Space Opera Satellite" where they're watching Legend of Galactic Heroes for the first time and then talking about it: http://www.spaceoperasatellite.com/ They've only released 2 eps so far so it'll be easy to catch up! I've only seen the first episode of it waaaaaay back in the day, so I've been listening to it and learning about the series instead of actually watching it...way less time consuming! :lol: But it's a fun show so far, so I figured I'd share the link with everyone~
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: For the Legend of Galactic Heroes fans...

Post by llj »

I tried a few fansubs of this last year, but they're really dated and the source quality looks like VHS (or laserdisc at best...though I can't even imagine how huge a full laserdisc collection of LOTGH would be) Was this ever fully released on DVD in Japan? I'd have thought somebody would have have used new rips by now if there were.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Oh, yeah, there's a ridiculously priced DVD set in Japan for the whole series/movies/OAVs/whatever included. They've even got blu-ray sets coming out http://amzn.to/1HvUBJw

I think they're just watching the episodes on Youtube? This person seems to be uploading the series in decent quality: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvnzXO ... Wiw/videos
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for new podcasts. :)
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

Kame-Sen'nin wrote:Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for new podcasts. :)
No problem! I figured someone on the boards might be interested, all things considered. :lol:
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

llj wrote:I tried a few fansubs of this last year, but they're really dated and the source quality looks like VHS (or laserdisc at best...though I can't even imagine how huge a full laserdisc collection of LOTGH would be) Was this ever fully released on DVD in Japan? I'd have thought somebody would have have used new rips by now if there were.
Yes, and there was a panel regarding LOGH at Anime Expo several years back. They had even dubbed the first episode or so to test the waters. The Japanese studio had considered releasing the show on Region 1 DVD and was expecting people to pay the same price as Japanese DVDs, in one jibungus box set, all in one fell swoop. You know, I'm a big LOGH fan, but I just don't have a thousand dollars laying around to buy up the entire show in one purchase. That's ridonkulus.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

I've always been curious about that old test dub they did, but I've never checked it out for myself. Someone told me it was up on Youtube, but I always forget to go look.

I'm super curious to see if Sentai will be shelling out the money to dub it all, or if they'll just do a sub-only release. They've been slowly release the long-running Space Brothers anime & I think they've been doing that subtitled-only, so...could go either way.