New Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki series announced

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

New Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki series announced

Post by Daniel »

Originally written by usamimi on 2015/10/17, 19:31:51 PDT :

New Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki series announced :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -10-years/

After what a giant awful mess Ai Tenchi Muyo! turned out to be, I dunno how much optimism I have for this, but hey...maybe they learned their lesson with that one? Not much info on it yet, just that the original seiyuu for Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka will be in it and it'll be a continuation of the Ryo OhKi series. They're having an event in November where they'll announce more, I assume.

Originally written by Drew_Sutton on 2015/10/19, 19:01:32 PDT :

Re: New Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki series announced :

When I saw you post this, my immediate thought was Didn't this come out already? and it was Ai Tenchi Muyou! I was thinking of.

I'm really surprised at having a go at this again, especially with the Ryou-ou-ki, uh, storyline, I guess? Did Ryou-ou-ki 3 even do that well? I remember being jazzed about it because I loved the first 2, but the whole this is your sister from Jurai and she luuuuuvs you and I checked right out of there.

Nah, I don't think I will stick around for this one unless I hear a lot of exceptional reviews for it.

Originally written by usamimi on 2015/10/19, 19:09:44 PDT :

I didn't care for the 3rd one, either. I honestly have no idea how well it did, I guess it did well enough that they're willing to make another one 10 years later. Like I said, I'm not super optimistic given how terrible Ai Tenchi Muyo! ended up being I never even made it to ep 1, the bad reviews were enough to keep me far away. But if it somehow manages to get rave reviews, like you said, I'd give it a shot.

Originally written by DKop on 2015/10/20, 07:25:53 PDT :

Nothing can hold a candle to Tenchi Muyo GXP!! It's a shame out of ALL THE TENCHI IN THE WORLD!! Toonami had to run that show, meaning Tenchi will not be on TV ever again.