Wrote my first article for The Artifice on 1980s OVAs...

Working on anything outside of this forum? Let us know!
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Wrote my first article for The Artifice on 1980s OVAs...

Post by DKop »

I did a brief piece about OVAs on the-artifice.com, which I worked off and on it for about the past two months. So hope you enjoy!!

http://the-artifice.com/1980s-anime-ova-legacy/
llj
Anime Fan Since: 1985

Re: Wrote my first article for The Artifice on 1980s OVAs...

Post by llj »

Nice! I think Fight! Iczer One should be mentioned as one of the notable OVAs of the 80s as well. I don't have a strong idea of its general reputation amongst fans (whether it's considered 'good' or 'bad'), but it seems like one of those 'everything-but-the-kitchen-sink' OVAs which had a strong influence on some many anime, not to mention showcasing some good young animator talents who moved on to bigger things later.
DKop
Anime Fan Since: 1998

Post by DKop »

With my list, I just stuck to the titles I knew because I can say something more about them. Ive seen Iczer One once before, but for me it didn't really stand out in my mind. There were a lot of titles I could list, but I used it as a small guide for people to look at and check out titles than list 10000 of them, which would be overbearing for people I think. I look at it as if someone looks at those titles, they have a grasp on where to go and go deeper than there, and Iczer One will come up eventually on their radar. Of course, I am waiting for the guy to come the comments and demand why I didn't add it on my list.
Kame-Sen'nin
Anime Fan Since: 1996

Post by Kame-Sen'nin »

Very cool list. This is a nice little compilation of 80s OVAs, and makes me want to go ahead and watch several of them. There are several on the list I haven't seen yet, but I guess I'll have to fix that!