VHS only or DVD too?

Discuss anime, especially but not limited to 1950's~1990's series, and related sub-topics
Gundamhead
Anime Fan Since: Late 70's

VHS only or DVD too?

Post by Gundamhead »

Have they ever released Orguss 02 to DVD? How about Mermaid's Scar? Does anybody know?
davemerrill
Anime Fan Since: 1984

Re: VHS only or DVD too?

Post by davemerrill »

Orguss 02, yes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=1282

Mermaid's Scar, on the other hand, has never been released on DVD anywhere, according to ANN.
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

Along with Mermaid's Scar, I believe that Fire Tripper and Laughing Target also did not get DVD release. They are on LD though. Basically, the Rumic World stuff.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:Along with Mermaid's Scar, I believe that Fire Tripper and Laughing Target also did not get DVD release. They are on LD though. Basically, the Rumic World stuff.
Yeah, Maris the Supergal didn't, either. The only Mermaid Saga stuff they released on DVD was the newer TV series they did not too long ago. I guess the old stuff was never popular enough to put on DVD? A shame, since I love those old Rumic World OAVs.
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
Animusubi
Anime Fan Since: 1989

Post by Animusubi »

If Viz doesn't release Mermaid's Scar on DVD, I really hope Discotek can rescue those old Rumic titles. Man I really enjoyed those, and the VHS aren't easy to come by.
animusubi
Resident Ranma 1/2 Appreciator!
twitter | instagram
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

ryoran wrote:If Viz doesn't release Mermaid's Scar on DVD, I really hope Discotek can rescue those old Rumic titles. Man I really enjoyed those, and the VHS aren't easy to come by.
It might be hard, since those were never released on DVD in Japan from what I can see trying to look them up on Amazon...but they did do amazing things with the Fatal Fury movie and OAV, so if they had the motivation maybe they could? It would be pretty great!
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*