Anime Parodies

The roughly mid-90's and earlier (generally pre-Toonami, pre-anime boom) era of anime & manga fandom: early cons, clubs, tape trading, Nth Generation VHS fansubs, old magazines & fanzines, fandubs, ancient merchandise, rec.arts.anime, and more!
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Re: Anime Parodies

Post by greg »

I guess I may be set in my ways. I have both a desktop and a laptop, but I use the desktop much more. And I never play games on computers. My desktop houses multiple hard drives and for doing stuff. My laptop is just for when I want to lay on my bed or whatever. Swapping out the motherboard and CPU on my desktop costs me only a few hundred dollars, but high quality laptops usually go for a bit more than that. Actually, laptops have come down in price in North America, while they remain overly pricey here in Japan. For the equivalent of $700, you can buy a used laptop that's a few years old. Not so in America.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

Speaking of anime parodies, has anyone seen Excel Saga?
***^__^***
usamimi
Anime Fan Since: 1987

Post by usamimi »

Excel Saga was pretty cute. I remember a few of my friends had no idea some of the things they were supposed to be parodying, but EVERYONE loved the part when Excel did the Sailor Moon schpeel. XD
*:・゚・✧ TwitterThe Anime Nostalgia Tumblr & Podcast ✧・゚・:*
yusaku
Anime Fan Since: 1988

Post by yusaku »

I knew someone saw it.
***^__^***
danth
Anime Fan Since: Robotech

Post by danth »

I've been trying to finish excel saga for years now...
greg
Anime Fan Since: 1989 (consciously)

Post by greg »

I loved the episode of Excel Saga when they had the pulse rifles from Aliens. I think that was the Puchuu episode.
My presence on the Net, with plenty of random geekiness:
My homepage
My YouTube channel
My Flickr photostream
My Tumblr page
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

greg wrote:I loved the episode of Excel Saga when they had the pulse rifles from Aliens. I think that was the Puchuu episode.
Haha, that sounds about right! :lol:
_D_
Anime Fan Since: 1978

Post by _D_ »

Finally got to try out my Hauppage (Hop Pog) 1512 HDPVR 2 for capping satellite TV. Works very nice with the addition of an HDMI splitter that breaks the HDCP. The Asus i5 uses the capture, editing and disc burning programs. Capping to a WD 2TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive. CPU uses a maximum of 30% of its power on maximum settings of 14 MBps and Dolby AC-3 5.1 audio. I would have needed a powerful desktop for this just a little while ago. Not anymore. Picture quality is superb, almost indistinguishable from the actual broadcast. Editing tools like Videoredo cut out the commercials and put the TS files back together without re-encoding and are in perfect sync. These can be played back on my WDTV Live Plus media player or else authored and burned as AVCHDs or Blu Rays. it took awhile but I've got what I need for the present.
Daniel
Site Admin
Anime Fan Since: 199X年

Post by Daniel »

So, who's got what on the old parodies? We should get a collection going for us aging otakus to share. I know I have some stuff that Dennis sent over on tape, and maybe Dave, to. Happy to share, assuming that those who sent the tapes are alright with it.
usamimi

Post by usamimi »

AnimeSennin wrote:So, who's got what on the old parodies? We should get a collection going for us aging otakus to share. I know I have some stuff that Dennis sent over on tape, and maybe Dave, to. Happy to share, assuming that those who sent the tapes are alright with it.
I posted a link to this place earlier: http://animefanparodies.org
They seem to have a lot up for streaming...dunno if that helps or not?